Since the accident, heiress to the multi-billion dollar Montgomery Empire, Evangeline has always feared the media attention that comes with having the Montgomery name and would immediately give it all up if it meant the chance to bring back her loved ones. Delicate and camera shy, the last person she should have on her mind is a type of guy like Ryan Fox.
Witty, extremely arrogant but undeniably good-looking are only a few words Evangeline can use to describe the New York Yankee’s hot-shot. The notorious bad boy― well-versed at playing the game both on and off the field― isn't fazed about the media circus following his every move and couldn't be anymore different to the quiet, shy girl that she is. So, what does a guy like him see in somebody as messed-up as her? And although everything about Ryan screams trouble with a capital T, why can't Evangeline seem to stay away? It's not until they're away from the cameras that Evangeline begins to see the real man hiding behind the cocky facade- one that's hurt and haunted by a dark and terrible secret.
What will happen once Evangeline finds the courage to reveal what really happened on the evening her mother and brother died? And how will she react when she finally learns the truth about Ryan's chilling past? Will baring their deepest secrets bring them closer together or will it tear them apart and have them sliding into darkness all over again?
Available on Barnes and Noble I Amazon US I Amazon AU I Amazon UK I Smashwords
10 Things You May Not Know About Michelle:
- I am left handed, but use my right hand to do most things except to write.
- I can recite Disney’s the Lion King and Aladdin word from word (including the songs).
- I am addicted to video games and wish I had more spare time to play them.
- I won “Aussie of the Month” in primary school but was sick that day, so my sister had to go up in the middle of school assembly and get the award.
- I have a gluten intolerance but I’m always naughty and eat things I shouldn’t. I suffer the consequences every time.
- I am scared of balloons. I can’t pop them. I can’t be near anyone blowing one up. Sometimes I will attempt to blow them up but will only go to half-size.
- I enjoy listening to classical music
- I am very passionate about animals and plants, and struggle to even squash a cockroach.
- I have a strange fear of any kind of electric shocks (including static electricity) and also irons if it is in someone else’s hand and I am near by?!? (Yes, as in the object you use to straighten out your clothes.) I don’t know where either fear originated. What I can say is I cried like a little girl when my friend was messing with me and chasing me around with a small Taser gun. When he realized I was well and truly frightened, he decided to stop. Haha.
- I have a scrapbook and a large corkboard filled with favorite memorabilia that I have collected from my life.
What inspired you to write the book?
I had a dream one night early this year and (luckily) woke up remembering everything! Once I had the main characters just right, they began writing themselves (especially, Mr Fox!)
What is your biggest obstacle while write?
The biggest obstacle I face at the moment would have to be trying to fit in the rest of my life. Once I have an idea, writing is all I think about. It takes over. It becomes almost impossible to concentrate at my real job and my friends start complaining about how antisocial I’ve become again.
Aside from the main character, is there any character you are secretly fond of from this series?
Yes, yes, YES! He goes by the name of Mr. Hawke Hudson! He is just such a gentleman and is very grounded despite having a famous family and playing professional football. I will definitely be giving him a book. Just unsure whether it will be book #2 or #3 yet.
Tell us about your next project?
I WAS currently working on the next Broken story, but the highly demanding Ryan Fox isn’t ready to step aside just yet. He wants his own POV. I find it very difficult to say no to him. So his book will be #1.5.
Define a perfect day for you?
My perfect day would start off being a day off at work for starters. Then waking up and grabbing myself a Grande size Starbucks coffee. (their coffee is so addictive and their Christmas flavors are devine!) Then coming home and spending the morning typing out a couple of chapters of a current project, having lunch with some friends (perhaps also a glass of wine), spending the rest of the day at thebeach, then coming home to type out some more. Like I said this would be my PERFECT (dream) day, not a realistic normal day.
Any suggestion on aspiring writers out there?
Follow your dreams and don’t give in just because a publisher doesn’t pick you up. Publish Indie. I have learned so much in the last year since self-publishing. It has been such a wonderful and exciting experience.
Here it's come!
The Rapid Fire Question
book/movieBotheat/sleepEathot/coldHot (hate the cold!)pen/pencilPenlaptop/tabletLaptopcoffee/teaBothchocolate/vanillaCHOCOLATEzombie-life/peaceful deathPeaceful death. The life of a zombie doesn’t appeal to me at all.
Thank you so having me!! Xx
Giveaway- 1 $10 Amazon Gift Card
- 1 Digital of Slide by Michelle Congdon through Rafflecopter
- 1 Digital of Slide by Michelle Congdon to one Random Commentor
a Rafflecopter giveaway